The veterinary practice in Malanda was established in 1952 by John Aubrey and Don Webster, who for many years operated the only veterinary clinic north of Townsville. Tableland Veterinary Service officially began operation in 1977 with the formation of a partnership between Frank Matthew and Bill Tranter with Ian Hosie joining the partnership soon after in 1978 and Frank Condon joining in 2002. Since that time more than fifty veterinarians have worked in the practice supported over the years by many dedicated nurses, receptionists and office staff. Hundreds of veterinary students have also undertaken parts of their veterinary training within the practice.
Tableland Veterinary Service now provides veterinary care for all animals, belonging to clients from the Atherton Tableland, west to the gulf, north to Weipa and east to the coast, with veterinary clinics in Atherton, Malanda, Charters Towers, Ravenshoe, Gordonvale and Weipa. Our facilities include both small animal and large animal hospitals, with a world class cattle facility and registered equine hospital in Malanda. Our practice is also involved with veterinary student training through a collaborative arrangement with James Cook University. Tableland Veterinary Service also provides a complete merchandise service for all species through its alliance with the National Rural Independents.
If you have a veterinary problem of any type, with any species, then Tableland Veterinary Service will be able to help. We care for the needs of all animals.
Select a clinic